[Ravenswatch] Locate Timer

Request for assistance to locat the timer in the game Ravenswatch

A dedicated forum for support, assistance, and quick help on using Cheat Engine usage.


User avatar
Outrun
Table Maker
Table Maker
Journeyman Hacker
Journeyman Hacker
Posts: 240
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:27 am
Answers: 0
x 421

Re: [Ravenswatch] Locate Timer

Post by Outrun »

Buloarff wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2026 3:20 am

Small information, when you surround the command with "", there is no longer any need to put the \ beside spaces.

I think you are thinking of a terminal command, not a Steam one. You will still need the backslashes in the Steam launch command.

Buloarff wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2026 3:20 am

In fact, what would be cool is to find a way to convert Windows tables directly on Linux.

Do you mean using Windows tables on Windows games running through Proton, or do you mean converting the Windows table to work on the native Linux version? The Windows tables will work most of the time if the game is running through Proton.

Also, you will probably need to use env or a similar command if you are using a custom .dll file in your launch options, so Cheat Engine doesn't use it.


Tags:

User avatar
Buloarff
Curious
Curious
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2026 8:57 am
Answers: 0
x 4

Re: [Ravenswatch] Locate Timer

Post by Buloarff »

Outrun wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2026 5:14 am

I think you are thinking of a terminal command, not a Steam one. You will still need the backslashes in the Steam launch command.

I was talking about the "Seam" command. Look at the example I showed you, if we only take this part: "/home/user/. steam/debian-installation/steamapps/common/Proton 11.0/proton", there is indeed an space without the \. I used to do like you before, then I discovered this.

Outrun wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2026 5:14 am

Do you mean using Windows tables on Windows games running through Proton, or do you mean converting the Windows table to work on the native Linux version? The Windows tables will work most of the time if the game is running through Proton.

Yes, I’m talking about using Windows tables for Windows games that run via Proton. In fact, it’s always more interesting to use Proton, even when there is a native Linux version. It generally works better and allows for more things.
On the other hand, I was talking about converting Cheat Engine’s tables for other Linux programs, such as PINCE. But I suppose your method is better.

I use Pince/GameConqueror on Linux Mint


User avatar
Outrun
Table Maker
Table Maker
Journeyman Hacker
Journeyman Hacker
Posts: 240
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:27 am
Answers: 0
x 421

Re: [Ravenswatch] Locate Timer

Post by Outrun »

Buloarff wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2026 5:48 am

I was talking about the "Seam" command. Look at the example I showed you, if we only take this part: "/home/user/. steam/debian-installation/steamapps/common/Proton 11.0/proton", there is indeed an space without the \. I used to do like you before, then I discovered this.
better.

I see what you mean now. That works for a regular path like your example, but PROTON_REMOTE_DEBUG_CMD is at the start, and that’s why it needs the backslashes.


User avatar
Buloarff
Curious
Curious
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2026 8:57 am
Answers: 0
x 4

Re: [Ravenswatch] Locate Timer

Post by Buloarff »

Outrun, you are my savior !
What you described works perfectly.

I installed Cheat Engine via Protontricks, which also uses Wine to stay as faithful as possible to what you said (but I suppose that via Steam would work too).
I placed it in the Steam prefix that I reserve for my exe installations, so that it is available for all games. Because if I install it only on the prefix of a particular game, it’s not very clean.

From there it’s a real pleasure, for each game you just have to put the Steam command, and it works.
My advice is to create a "My Cheat Tables" folder in the target game prefix, otherwise Cheat Engine won’t see it. Or maybe in /home/user.
For the \, I tried to remove them, and I confirm that in this case they are mandatory for it to work.

I had already tested before installing the Windows version of Cheat Engine. I had succeeded in installing it, but Cheat Engine never saw the game processes. So the solution was this magical command.

That’s great, I’ll finally have access to all the tables, thank you very much Outrun 🙏

I use Pince/GameConqueror on Linux Mint


Post Reply