Dragon's Dogma 2

Still in development

A specific forum for all Game Discussions related to releases of video games.

Seneekikaant
Table Maker
Table Maker
Apprentice Hacker
Apprentice Hacker
Answers: 0

Dragon's Dogma 2

Post by Seneekikaant »

I have been waiting for this sequel basically since I finished the first in the series a decade ago. For its time, there wasn't really anything else like it. Kingdoms of Amalur was close, but IMO just wasn't as captivating. The endless grinds through each iteration of NG+ and working my way through killing the Ur Dragon so many times I lost count in an attempt to get the best weapons available, I was given a tease at some new raw power with some new weaponry with the BBI DLC. DDDA has remained in my rotation of games I will play through again at least once per year, and I get to relive that familiar yet new territory all over again.

Rumoured to be released next year, I can see this being an instant hit because DDDA is still attracting new players a decade later, it's one of the gaming greats, and for good reason. It isn't without its flaws, but we also have to remember it was initially released on PS3 and XB360, consoles which by today's standards are absolute dogshit and really were only great by default because they were the latest gen consoles.

Yet despite those flaws, no other game really let you climb an opponent and stab him in the eye. You have a companion that learns the more you adventure with them, as you try new tactics they also learn more. Items to give them more knowledge so they can give you tips on tough enemies. The endless cycle of life, as pawn becomes the master and so forth.

I know I'm going to love DD2 instantly when it comes out, but the one thing I really hope they can get right is the camera angles while climbing really large enemies. But hey, this is a cheat table community after all, if they manage to not get that right, I'm sure I can whip up a table for use that does.

A naked man fears no pickpocket

justNOPing
Cheater
Cheater

Re: Dragon's Dogma 2

Post by justNOPing »

That's great news! I remember playing Dragon's Dogma when I was barely a teenager. Needless to say, how much this game pulled me in and got me playing it for hours straight. The gaming industry has been lacking such AAA rpg projects for the entire decade, IMO

groxer
Curious
Curious

Re: Dragon's Dogma 2

Post by groxer »

I was expecting Capcom to announce some news regarding the launch date yesterday on their livestream, kind of disappointed that there were none lol.